Chief Purchasing Officer, FCA - Global;
Head of Purchasing & Supplier Quality
FCA - North America
Scott Thiele was appointed Chief Purchasing Officer for FCA NV and Head of Purchasing and Supplier Quality for FCA - North America in May 2016. At the same time, he also was named a member of the Group Executive Council (GEC).
The GEC is the highest management-level decision making body within the FCA organization and is led by the FCA Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Previously, Thiele was responsible for all vehicle and powertrain capital expenditures on a global basis, a role he assumed in July 2014. Prior to that, in 2012, he led the development of a global finance platform strategy to identify areas where the Company could improve its standardization efforts.
Thiele joined the former Chrysler Group in 2007 where he was the lead purchasing executive for raw materials and stamping. Since then, he has held a series of leadership positions in the Finance and Purchasing organizations.
Prior to joining the Company, Thiele was a global procurement leader at Whirlpool Corporation where he oversaw the development of global commodity strategies. In addition, he held a number of positions with increasing responsibility in purchasing and engineering.
His work and academic background also includes:
- May 2016 - current, Chief Purchasing Officer, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA)
- May 2016 - current, Head of Purchasing & Supplier Quality - FCA - North America
- 2014, Vice President - Global Product Finance, FCA US LLC
- 2013, Director - Product, Vehicle and Powertrain Platform, CAPEX and Engineering Finance, FCA US LLC
- 2013, Director - Product Planning, Vehicle and Powertrain Platform Finance, FCA US LLC
- 2012, Director - Product Cost & Standardization, FCA US LLC
- 2009, Director - Head of Metallic Commodity Purchasing, FCA US LLC
- 2007, Director - Raw Materials & Stampings Procurement, Chrysler LLC
- 2005, General Manager - Global Raw Materials, Whirlpool USA
- 2004, Director - Global Technology, Whirlpool USA
- 2001, Director - Commodity Management, Whirlpool USA
- 2000, Manager - Supply Base Management, Whirlpool USA
- 1999, Global Commodity Analyst - Steel and Metals, Whirlpool USA
- 1997, Senior Buyer - Steel, Finishes, Stampings, Whirlpool USA
Thiele holds a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering degree from the University of Notre Dame (1991). He also holds a Master of Mechanical Engineering degree from the University of Michigan (1993) and a Master of Business Management degree from Ashland University (1996).