Dr. Nikolaus S. Lang
Senior Partner & Managing Director
The Boston Consulting Group Munich
Nikolaus Lang joined The Boston Consulting Group in Germany in January 1998. In 2000, he transferred to Southeast Asia, returning to Germany in 2003. He is a member of the BCG practice areas Automotive, Industrial Goods, and Global Advantage. He is BCG's Global Topic Leader "Connected Mobility & Autonomous Driving".
Relevant project experience
- Numerous projects for German volume and premium automotive OEMs on connected car, autonomous driving, and digital mobility, including:
- Prioritization of services and business models
- Cooperation discussions with insurances, telcos, back-end providers, etc.
- Numerous projects for European and Asian tier-1 suppliers entering the connected car/autonomous driving area, including:
- Technology roadmaps for CC and AD
- Supply approaches to leading OEMs
- Several due diligences for PE firms investing in suppliers of sensors, digital maps, RTTI, etc.
- Several strategy projects for European insurers re. the impact of connected car on future PHYD/PAYD insurance schemes
- Co-lead of the multi-year WEF-BCG project on "Connected Mobility and Self-Driving Vehicles"
Lang received a Doctorate (Dr. oec.) in Business Management from the University of St. Gallen. He is a native German speaker, and is fluent in English, French, and Spanish.